Celebrate Easter with Grandma’s Green Jell-O Salad
Just like that, Easter is upon us. The perfect time of year to get together with family and friends, go to a church service, take part in an egg hunt, and consume lots of candy… of course!!
At Carpe Diem Planners, we have been planning some Easter festivities of our own and thought we’d share a very special dish that is native to Utah – our hometown! So, instead of making yet another ham or egg dish this Easter weekend, why not try our ‘Grandmas Green Jell-O Salad’ for something a little bit different? You never know, this may end up being the next biggest hit with your loved ones!
Grandma’s Green Jell-O Salad
3- 6oz packages Lime Jell-O
6 c. hot water
1 20oz can crushed pineapple in juice
1 c pineapple juice (from canned pineapple, you will need to allow to drain in a strainer to get the full cup)
1 pint of whipping cream
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped walnuts
1 c maraschino cherries sliced in halves or quarters
- Combine packaged Jell-O with hot water and pineapple juice (reserve the pineapple for later). Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hrs (long enough for Jell-O to soft set)
- Whip cream with sugar and vanilla until peaks form.
- Add whipped cream, reserved crushed pineapple, chopped nuts, and maraschino cherries to the soft set Jell-O and stir till well combined.
- Allow to chill overnight before serving.
- Optional – top with some extra nuts and cherries. Enjoy!
We hope you love this dish as much as we do, be sure to tag us in your Jell-O salad attempts this Easter weekend!